Let's start by answering the question of why you might want to keep a job posting hidden. If you decide it's something you want to learn how to do, keep reading and we'll show you how.
What Does It Mean If My Job Posting Is Hidden?
If you have a hidden job posting, it means that the job posting:
- will NOT be listed on your company's careers page
- will NOT be included in job alert emails to your subscriber list
The only way anyone will see this job posting internally is if you provide them with the URL for the job posting. Below is an example of a job URL. To find your unique job URL, from your dashboard, click on the job title and then you will see the job's unique URL located below the job title directly to the right of View Job Online.
Reasons Why You May Want to Keep Your Job Posting Hidden:
- You are a brand new user and want to have a test job posting to play around with. Keeping the posting hidden is a way to get comfortable with all the features of your account without testing out your skills on real applicants. (Although we do provide you with a test applicant on your first job posting so you can get an idea of how things work.)
- You have a job posting for a position that is confidential. For example, you are hiring for a position that replaces someone who hasn't yet been terminated. You can provide your recruiting prospects with the job posting's URL where they can apply for the position without the position being posted on your jobs page.
- You have specific candidates that you are targeting for a position and don't want the posting to be advertised on your jobs page.
- You are hiring for the same position in multiple locations and want to have only one live posting from which to collect applications but you want to create one hidden listing for each location where you can manually move applicants after you have reviewed them.
- You want to be able to create multiple categories or pools of applicants, which will allow you to sort applicants by particular skill sets or criteria.
- You want to suppress the job posting from being included in your job alert emails.
How to Hide Your Job Posting
1. Click on the Create a New Job button or if you're wanting to hide an exisiting job, click on the dropdown arrow next to the job posting title and select Edit Job to hide an existing job.
2. Scroll down the job posting create/edit page and click on + Show Advanced Options.
3. In the Advanced Options section, set the Hide Listing toggle switch to ON.
4. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Publish and Continue. Now your job posting will remain hidden and will be indicated in your Dashboard by a icon.