Your account has a default setting on every account that enables applicants to Allow express applications from job boards. What that means is any applicant that clicks on your job posting from job boards that use an express application will be presented with a shortened version of the application web form that does not include any Form Builder application questions you created.
What are the pros and cons of leaving the Allow express applications from job boards feature enabled on your account?
- Enhances your Indeed.com and ZipRecruiter listings
- Can increase applications from qualified candidates
- Makes it very easy for applicants to apply to your job
- Bypasses any Form Builder questions you have defined and other custom application options
- Applicants may not know to include a cover letter in their application
If you decide that you want to disable the Allow express applications from job boards feature, read on.
How To Disable The "Allow express applications from job boards" Feature
NOTE: Only users designated as Admin access level or Account Owner have the ability to make changes to your account settings. Need to make changes to your account settings but don't have the right permissions? Contact your company's Account Owner or another Admin level user to request a change to your access level. Not sure who your Account Owner is? Create a new support ticket and we'll tell you!
1. Click on Account Details from the drop down menu next to Your Account at the top right side of the page.
2. Scroll down to the Customize & Design section and click on the Feature Management button.
3. If you scroll down the page, you'll notice that the Allow express applications from job boards box is on. Toggle the button to off to disable it.
That's all you have to do! Once you have disabled the Allow express applications from job boards feature, applicants will be presented with any Form Builder questions you have created as well as any other custom application settings when they apply, even if they are applying from Indeed.com. Note: ZipRecruiter and Facebook Jobs will not post your jobs if the Allow express applications from job boards switch is disabled. If you decide you want to re-enable the "Allow applications from job boards" feature, you may do so at any time by following the instructions below.
How To Re-enable The "Allow express applications from job boards" Feature
Follow the steps above, but turn the toggle switch ON in step 3.